Rolling basis until position is filled
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Advancement and the President & CEO, the Advancement Coordinator will support development efforts as NDN Collective launches and grows to become the most ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous Peoples in the history of philanthropy. The Advancement Coordinator will be part of a team of NDN staff and consultants to ensure we reach our fundraising goals each year, ensuring the organization is financially resourced to carry out our mission and goals.
Who We Are
NDN Collective is an ambitious, systemic effort to empower Indigenous communities. We are creating a paradigm change in how society invests in Indigenous Peoples by dramatically scaling up investment and shifting decision-making power to Indigenous Peoples. We are doing four key things to create a new ecosystem that supports Indigenous self-determination:
- We are creating an Indigenous-led Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) to move $100M of for-profit investment into large-scale projects led by and serving Indigenous communities.
- We are dramatically increasing philanthropic investment into Indigenous-led organizations, with the goal of giving out $50M per year in grants.
- We are building capacity in Indigenous communities to be able to absorb this new influx of capital.
- We are advocating for Indigenous rights and policy changes that will enable our peoples and communities to thrive.
What Sets Us Apart
- We represent the people we serve—we are Indigenous-led and support Indigenous people and organizations
- We think in systems and recognize the interconnectedness of all living things
- We are changemakers that have and model a mindset of abundance
- We believe in the power of Indigenous self-determination to create a just, equitable world for all people and the planet
- We integrate culture and ceremony into our work
- We acknowledge and pay respects to our elders and past while taking ownership and control of our future
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching and writing briefings for donor meetings and conducting prospect research.
- Processing donations and sending follow up and thank you correspondence to donors and prospects.
- Assisting the Director of Advancement in managing donor relations, including maintaining internal management systems, online donation tools, and email and mailing lists.
- Tracking and updating donor and prospect files, donation information, and data entry in Salesforce.
- Managing Salesforce database departmental reporting.
- Overseeing the stewardship and events calendar and assisting with cultivation and stewardship events.
- Other duties as needed.
Who You Are
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- One to three years of development experience with a nonprofit organization, preferably with an annual budget of over $10M.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to learn from successes and failures.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible when necessary.
- Strong project management and attention to deadlines.
- Ability to excel in a remote worksite.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communications skills with the ability to create high-quality materials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with one or more fundraising software, such as Fluxx, Blackbaud or Salesforce.
- ACTIVATOR: You are a self-reliant person and are strong at making things happen by turning thoughts into action. You have a proven track record of successfully building or sustaining a nonprofit fundraising operation.
- LEARNER: You have strong learning agility and are able to rapidly understand and analyze new situations. You learn from your successes and failures and improve processes to drive our fundraising.
- COMMUNICATOR: You are an exceptionally strong communicator who can create high-quality materials and deliver compelling messages and presentations. You have experience using this strength in securing funds for nonprofits.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: You are ambitious and creative and enjoy the process of building something from the ground up. You are excited by the opportunity to come in and have a heavy hand in shaping our development operations.
- SOCIALLY & EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT: You are able to work efficiently and respectfully with others. You understand how individuals, groups, and societies work and you build rapport through being trustworthy and empathetic.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You strive for perfection and are able to move from the high level of a project to its smallest details.
- FLEXIBLE: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible when it is necessary. You are willing to travel when needed.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan, a wellness program, personal leave and professional development.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Advancement Coordinator – [YOUR NAME].” In the email, please include:
As a single PDF attachment, include:
o Your resume
o 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
o Short answers to the following three questions:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Short answers to the following three questions:
- What is your philosophy about fundraising?
- What would you be most nervous about going into this role if you were offered and accepted the position?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
· In the body of the email, please copy and paste the content of your short answers and include your name, phone number, and email address.
As attention to detail is critical for success in this role, only applicants who follow these specific application guidelines will be considered.
NDN Collective is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination. It is NDN Collective’s policy to comply with all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, NDN Collective is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any NDN Collective supervisor, co-worker, vendor or client.